This sweet flower-girl accessory is a wonderful option for a youngster who may not be ready to sprinkle petals from a basket.

We are going to Atlanta this weekend for my niece’s birthday party.  This is going to be my daughter, Savannah first party so this week we have been hunting for a party dress.  We didn’t have much luck so we settled with a salmon pink dress by Izod.  Daddy approved!  During our hunting I came across a roll of lace on sale at JoAnn.  I remembered right away the flower corsage I saw on Martha Stewart.  So I made her one.  Unfortunately the lace corsage didn’t go with her dress so she won’t wear it to the party.  I got carried away and made several for bidders on Ebay.   I am going to put ONE up for grabs here for the first commentator. Yay!  Here’s what they look like. 
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Lace or ribbon, any color, any size
Needle and thread
Fabric glue

DIRECTIONS: (my version)
To make the flower: Beginning at one end, coil the gathered trim, stitch it together along the bottom edge as you go to create layered petals of a lush bloom. 
For the strap, glue ribbon to the back of the flower.

Skill Level 2: Basic sewing experience needed



0 comments:

Photobucket
Photobucket
is blogging
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
free counters
Sanny T Studio. Powered by Blogger.